Packages to ship starting February 1st
Order by February 8th for delivery by February 14th
This Valentine’s Day, tell someone how much you flippin’ love them by adopting Toronto Zoo African penguin couple Matilda and Sparkles.
Waddle you waiting for?
Adopt today and receive:
- A personalized certificate of adoption featuring a photo of Toronto Zoo penguin couple, Matilda and Sparkles
- African penguin plush toy (estimated value: $12)
- Penguin artwork print (Artist: Matilda and Sparkles)
- Recipients name displayed as a Species Ambassador on our digital wall of recognition for one year
- African penguin fact sheet
- To/from card (to include a message)
- FREE shipping (some restrictions may apply)
- Partial charitable tax receipt for donor available upon request
To Adopt an African Penguin couple in honour of someone, please select “Dedicate your donation” and select “In honour of”. This will prompt you to provide the recipient’s details.
Please note that our limited edition African penguin adoption package is available for a minimum donation of $100.
Why adopt an African Penguin?
Found in the waters off of southern Africa, the African penguin is listed as endangered by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Over the past century, the population size of wild African penguins has dropped by more than 97%. Factors affecting this rapid decline include lack of food due to climate change and over-fishing, disease, predation, and pollution (mainly oil spills).
Your Toronto Zoo participates in the African Penguin Species Survival Plan (SSP), which works to maintain a sustainable population of African penguins within AZA-accredited facilities.